When used underwater, it is unable to create flames and harm enemies, but releases waves that can push some enemies and objects, such as the floating spiked mines in Pirate Man's stage.
Wave Burner is Pirate Man's weakness and is capable of preventing him from executing his spinning water bubble attack, and popping the bubble once the attack starts, sending Pirate Man headfirst into the floor. It also will ignite him for a split second if he is hit while the weapon is used outside of the water. This weapon is also the weakness of Jet King Robo, is effective against Magic Man (if the player runs out of Tengu Blade energy), and is the only weapon capable of destroying Spinning Gabyoalls in its source game.
Damage Data Chart
Damage values in units in Mega Man & Bass.
|Jet King Robo||5|
- Hitting Pirate Man with Wave Burner will do 3 units of damage when he is underwater. When exposed to the air, however, the weapon will inflict 4 units of damage instead.
- In the instruction manual for the English version of the GBA game, this weapon's name is mistranslated as "Web Burner".
- Mega Man's color scheme for the Wave Burner is identical to that of Flame Sword's color scheme.
- Electric Shock from Mega Man V
- Fire Wave from Mega Man X
- Flame Shower from Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kara no Chousensha
|Fire Special Weapons and Techniques|
|Original series|| Atomic Fire • Blazing Torch • Fire Storm • Flame Blast • Flame Mixer • Flame Shower • Flame Sword •|
Magma Bazooka • Pharaoh Shot • Pharaoh Wave • Scorch Wheel • Solar Blaze • Torch Arm • Wave Burner • Yoga Inferno
|X series||Circle Blaze • Fire Wave • Ground Fire • Magma Blade • Melt Creeper • Rising Fire • Speed Burner|
|X series||Bakuenjin • Enkoujin • Enkoukyaku • Fire Wave • Quake Blazer • Ryuenjin • Shoenzan|
|Zero series||Blast Shot • Burning Shot • Burst Shot • Flame Fang • Soul Launcher • Split Heavens • Tenshouzan|