- Mega Man - The emcee of the game. Also appears as a card and in the ending.
- Reggae - A bird robot created by Dr. Wily. After a four player game ends, Reggae appears to laugh at the character that got in fourth place. He also appears in the opening scene and as a card. This game marks his first appearance.
The characters players can use. On rare occasions, stopping on a player's building will trigger an extra effect.
|Player||Character's goal||Color||Building effect|
|Dr. Light||Expand his facilities to achieve world peace.||Yellow||Draw a card.|
|Dr. Wily||Build an evil laboratory to achieve world domination.||Black||Pay 300 Zenny to Wily.|
|Roll||Build a hospital to help all sick and injured people in the world.||Pink||Lose a turn.|
|Dr. Cossack||Build a new lab to continue his experiments.||Blue||Spin the Roulette again.|
|Kalinka||Build a castle to become a real princess.||Red||Affected by transformation for one turn.|
When the player lands on a Transformation square, he will randomly transform into one of three different boss characters until he passes by the square again. While transformed, the player will be unable to interact with squares or do any action (buy properties, draw or use cards, pay rents, ...) other than the one specific to the transformed character. In rare occasions, the player will transform for one turn if he lands on a building belonging to Kalinka.
|Guts Man||Downgrades rival buildings he stops on.|
|Shadow Man||Takes one card from the owner of the building he stops on.|
|Dust Man||Sucks money from the owner of the building he stops on.|
The game has 32 cards divided in six types: 7 Eddie Cards (エディカード) with positive effects, 6 Reggae Cards (レゲーカード) with negative effects, 4 Rush Cards (ラッシュカード) with movement effects, 13 Boss Cards (ボスカード) with different effects, 1 Rockman Card (ロックマンカード) and 1 Blues Card (ブルースカード) for protection.
|If the player with this card pass the E-Can space while having this card, the player will receive double the amount of Zenny that would have normally gotten from it.|
|Shiawase no Card|
|"Good Fortune Card". The player with this card collects 50 Zenny each time he moves. Disappears after a random number of turns. The player can only hold one at a time, and it can't be used alongside the "Misfortune Card".|
|"Revival Card"||If the player holding this card drops to 0 Zenny, they will immediately receive 1000 Zenny.|
|Free Pass Card|
|Using this card when you land on a space owned by an opponent allows you to avoid paying rent.|
|Unnamed||Used automatically. Receive 100 Zenny from each player.|
|Used automatically. Eddie gives the player a few hundred extra Zenny.|
|Used automatically. Each player spins the Roulette once. Each number is summed and the total will be multiplied by 100. The result will be the amount of Zenny received.|
|Unnamed||Reggae will toss a Skull Tank onto the player, destroying all of the user's Zenny on-hand.|
|Unnamed||Reggae will use a Skull Tank to completely destroy one of the user's buildings, leaving an empty lot.|
|Reggae will forcibly take every card from the user's possession.|
|Reggae will shoot up the rent prices of every space on the board, including those owned by the user.|
|Fukou no Card|
|"Misfortune Card". The player keeps this card and loses Zenny each time he/she moves. Disappears after a random number of turns.|
|Unnamed||Warp to any Land square on the board.|
|"Assembly Card". Brings all the other players to your current space.|
|Allows the user to roll the dice twice in succession.|
|If the player draws a Boss Card or Reggae Card, this card can be used to make Cut Man cut (discard) the card and draw other card in its place. This card is capable of protecting the user against Reggie cards if one is drawn.|
|When used, Fire Man will incinerate all of a rival's cards, at the holder's choice.|
|When used, Elec Man downgrades one of the rival's buildings.|
|Air Man blows a rival to a random Land panel.|
|When used, Crash Man sets a Crash Bomb in one of the opponent's buildings. The bomb explodes in the next turn, downgrading the building. Upgrading the building or having it converted to another player's building does not remove the bomb. Additionally, if a payer is present on the space the bomb explodes, they will lose a turn.|
|When used, Spark Man cuts the power to all the buildings owned by a player. As long as the power is out, rent can not be collected from buildings, including newely-built ones. (rent for the Land, however, is still collected.)|
|When used, Bright Man will use his Flash Stopper to ensure that no-one except the holder can use cards for a few turns.|
|When used, Toad Man will use his Rain Flush to destroy a line of buildings.|
|Pharaoh Man will make a rival move only one panel for the next five turns.|
|Enker uses Mirror Buster to protect the user against a Boss Card and send its effect back to the rival.|
|Quint uses Sakugarne to remodel a rival's building into the user's.|
|When used, Pickelman Bull will plow over a series of lots or buildings, reducing the amount of rent a rival pays if they land on it.|
|Blues (Proto) Card|
|The user can defend against a Boss Card or Transformation.|
|Rock (Mega) Card|
|The user can defend against a Reggae Card, Boss Card or Transformation.|
- E Can: The initial position. When the player passes by it again, he/she receives Zenny. Landing exactly on the space also gives a random reward.
- Land: The "property" spaces. Can be bought and used to create buildings. If a player lands on a property owned by another player, he has to pay a rental fee to both the lot owner and the property owner. Also, if a player owns a property on the same space as a lot he/she owns, that player receives Zenny each time he/she lands on it.
- Card: A question mark. The player can draw a card.
- Rush: A Rush face. Rush appears and uses Rush Coil, sending the player to another Rush space.
- Tunnel: A tunnel space. The player receives positive or negative bonuses.
- Lottery: A bag with an arrow. The player can bet Zenny in a lottery.
- Under Construction (工事中): A Met with a pickaxe. The player loses one turn. Present in all maps except for Green Continent.
- Entertainment: A "property" with a Met. The player goes to a Met race mini-game where he/she and up to two other players bet in one of the three types of Mets racing (Metall DX, Metall Dance and Metall Swim), similar to a horse racing. The one who owns the attraction never plays it; and any person unable to make the required bet automatically sits out. This space is only present on the Continent of Sand and Megalopolis maps.
- Transformation: A shadowy robot. The player turns into a random Robot Master (Guts Man, Shadow Man or Dust Man) until he/she reaches or passes this space again. The player will be unable to do some actions while in this form, but will be capable of special effects based on the Robot Master they become.
- Quick Man was planned to be used in the game as a playable Boss character, similar to Guts Man and Shadow Man, but was scrapped before game release.
- Graphics data exists for Drill Man, though he's nowhere to be found in-game. Based on tile positioning, he was likely planned as a Boss Card attack. A set of gold bars is set amongst Drill Man's graphic's, suggesting he'd have been used by players to dig for Zenny.
- The boards from the game resembles real locations. Green Continent looks like South America, Continent of Sand looks like Africa, and Megalopolis looks like the continental United States. Cold Island is probably meant to look like Antarctica.
- "Mega Board" was planned to be released in USA, but the English version was eventually cancelled for unknown reasons.  It was also going to be an unlockable in Mega Man Legacy Collection, but ended up getting dropped from there, as well.  However, a fan translation patch was created.  In this translation, some names are changed to smaller names due to the limit in text boxes, like Green Continent becoming Green Town and Continent of Sand becoming the Hot Zone.
- Though scarcely known, a true ending does exist in RockBoard. Playing under Battle Royal rules on the Megalopolis map, if the player has managed to gain control of roughly 75% of the board, they'll be treated to a brief credits sequence after the usual post-game standings. This is also the only part of the game where Mega Man actually makes a full appearance.
- ↑ The Reploid Research Lavatory: The Board That Rocked
- ↑ The Mechanical Maniacs: Miscellaneous Classic Mega Man Mysteries
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: Capcom Once Planned On Releasing RockBoard Outside Of Japan?
- ↑ Protodude's Rockman Corner: RockBoard Was Considered for Mega Man Legacy Collection
- ↑ Mega Man PC Website: Dr. Cossack's Lab.