Zain (ザイン Zain) is a Shadow Hunter from Mega Man Xtreme that helps Techno to the hack the Mother Computer System in the Maverick Hunter base, along with his partner Geemel, but seems to be only interested in fighting. He has a large sword that he uses to try to crush X, spin with it, or use it as defense. His weakness is Shotgun Ice, but his speed and short attack animations make him a difficult opponent. The player can fight against him earlier in Flame Stag's stage, but he escapes after the battle. He is the sub-boss of the first final stage in Normal and Xtreme Mode, where he's defeated by X. As he was defeated inside the computer, his "soul" was deleted.
Damage Data Chart
|Mega Man Xtreme-Weapon|
|X Buster||Shotgun Ice||Electric Spark||Storm Tornado||Speed Burner||Spin Wheel||Magnet Mine||Silk Shot||Rolling Shield||Hadoken||Shoryuken|
|Mega Man Xtreme-Zero Scramble|
|Z1-Dash||Z2-Rising||Z3-Earth Gaizer||Z4-Zero Final|
- "Don't worry, I'll do it... I'll crush him for sure..."
- "You must be X... My name is Zain! You have no chance of beating me!"
- "I underestimated you... You got lucky... But next time your luck won't be able to save you..."
- "I've been waiting for you, X! You have no chance to win!"
- "I can't believe this..."
Zain was amongst the many Mavericks resurrected by Sigma to serve in his army during Worlds Unite. He and Geemel were sent to the world of Ghosts 'n Goblins to plant an Unity Engine, but were interrupted by Bunnie Rabbot and Zero and incinerated by Astaroth.
- His name is possibly derived from Zayin (also spelled Zain), the seventh letter of many Semitic abjads. Zayin, in Biblical Hebrew, means "sword", referring to Zain's weapon of choice.
|Mega Man Xtreme|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Storm Eagle • Flame Stag • Armored Armadillo • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Wheel Gator|
|Vile • Zain • Geemel • Bospider • Serges • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Storm Tornado • Speed Burner • Rolling Shield • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Spin Wheel |
Hadouken • Shoryuken
|Zero Scramble Programs|
|Dash • Rising • Earth Gaizer • Final|
|Armor Parts • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|