Zain is a quiet and proud individual. He shows no interest in hacking the Mother Computer, and seems to only care about fighting.
Zain is a heavily-armored yellow Reploid who wields a large sword. In battle he performs jumping slashes, spin attacks, and defensive blocks. His weakness is Shotgun Ice, but his deceptive speed and short attack animations still make him a difficult opponent.
Zain is first seen when Geemel and Techno are discussing X's progress, and he volunteers to seek him out for a fight. The player can fight against him by finding a secret room in Flame Stag's stage, but he escapes after the battle.
Zain next appears in the Sigma Stage on the way to the Mother Computer's core. He fights X, but is destroyed in the ensuing battle - having died within the Mother Computer, his "soul" is deleted. His defeat inspires Geemel to seek revenge on the Maverick Hunters in Hard Mode.
- Jump Slash (ジャンプ斬り) - Zain jumps and comes down with a sword slash.
- Spinning Slash (自転斬り) - Zain spins around the arena with his sword extended.
Damage Data Chart
|Mega Man Xtreme-Weapon|
|X Buster||Shotgun Ice||Electric Spark||Storm Tornado||Speed Burner||Spin Wheel||Magnet Mine||Silk Shot||Rolling Shield||Hadoken||Shoryuken|
|Mega Man Xtreme-Zero Scramble|
|Z1-Dash||Z2-Rising||Z3-Earth Gaizer||Z4-Zero Final|
- "Don't worry, I'll do it... I'll crush him for sure..."
- "You must be X... My name is Zain! You have no chance of beating me!"
- "I underestimated you... You got lucky... But next time your luck won't be able to save you..."
- "I've been waiting for you, X! You have no chance to win!"
- "I can't believe this..."
Zain was amongst the many Mavericks resurrected by Sigma to serve in his army during Worlds Unite. He and Geemel were sent to the world of Ghosts 'n Goblins to plant an Unity Engine, but were interrupted by Bunnie Rabbot and Zero and incinerated by Astaroth.
"These designs [Zain and Geemel] were pretty simple. I just went straight off the instructions I got to make 'armor' characters. Zain is heavy plate, and Geemel is light plate. I did think they were a little too complex considering the Game Boy's graphical capacity, so I was totally blown away when I saw them come to life on that little screen! I can't say enough nice things about the masterful skills of the people who work the dots." - Haruki Suetsugu 
- Zain's name is possibly derived from Zayin (also spelled Zain; it later derived into the Greek letter Zeta), the seventh letter of many Semitic abjads. Zayin, in Biblical Hebrew, means "sword", referring to Zain's weapon of choice.
|Mega Man Xtreme|
|List of Mavericks|
|Chill Penguin • Spark Mandrill • Storm Eagle • Flame Stag • Armored Armadillo • Morph Moth • Magna Centipede • Wheel Gator|
|Vile • Zain • Geemel • Bospider • Serges • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
|Shotgun Ice • Electric Spark • Storm Tornado • Speed Burner • Rolling Shield • Silk Shot • Magnet Mine • Spin Wheel |
Hadouken • Shoryuken
|Zero Scramble Programs|
|Dash • Rising • Earth Gaizer • Final|
|Highway Stage • Snowfield Stage • Power Plant Stage • Airport Stage • Volcanic Zone Stage • Gallery Stage • Scrap Plant Stage • Central Computer Stage • Dinosaur Tank Stage • Sigma Stage|
|Armor Parts • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|
|Mega Man X series|