The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Although Zero is more powerful than X at the beginning of the game, there are some restrictions to him:
- Zero can't use Special Weapons, only having his Zero Buster and Beam Saber available. The Zero Buster has more charge levels than the default X-Buster, being able to unleash more powerful attacks. As Zero is a bit taller than X, his shots are also slightly higher from the ground.
- Zero can only be called once per stage play. The player can't switch back to Zero until the stage is cleared, exited, or all lives are lost.
- If Zero is defeated, he will no longer be available in the current gameplay. The exception is the Opening Stage, as the player must use Zero to rescue X.
- Except for Mac (which is exclusive to Zero) and Mosquitus, Zero can't fight against bosses and sub-bosses, automatically changing back to X when he reaches those opponents.
- Zero will be lost if he fights against Mosquitus, but in exchange X will receive his Beam Saber.
- In the 2010 mobile version of the game, Zero can fight against the eight bosses in the Ranking mode, also having a victory pose for the end of the stages.
- Except for Life Energy items, Zero can't take nor use items such as Sub Tanks (which will also not be filled while using him), Ride Armors, and the Light Capsules.
- Zero's life gauge is higher than X's, but as Zero can't obtain Armor Parts, his defense is the same as the default X.
|Mega Man X3|
|Toxic Seahorse • Tunnel Rhino • Volt Catfish • Crush Crawfish • Neon Tiger • Gravity Beetle • Blast Hornet • Blizzard Buffalo|
|Maoh the Giant • Vile MK-II • Bit • Byte • Godkarmachine O Inary • Press Disposer • Volt Kurageil • Dr. Doppler • Sigma|
|Mega Man X's Special Weapons|
| Acid Burst • Tornado Fang • Triad Thunder • Spinning Blade • Ray Splasher • Gravity Well • Parasitic Bomb • Frost Shield|
- Other -
|Armor Parts • Walkthrough • List of Mega Man X3 enemies • Damage Data Chart • Game Script|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.